Kitchner Public Library
Last updated on this site:
May 29, 2020
(You)th Stories showcases the writing and visual art of local youth on the (You)th website (www.youthkpl.weebly.com) about stories that impact their daily lives with a new topic every two months.
Volunteers will be given three hours per month for their submission as well as their e-mail check-ins with Children’s & Teen Services library staff, counting towards high school community involvement requirements.
Complete application form on: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=710892265
No interview, reference, or police record checks needed.
Key Position Responsibilities
• Correspond with Children’s & Teen Services library staff via e-mail once every two weeks to update them on their progress and workshop their pieces
• Submit ONE of the following per month: 500 word story, 2-3 long-form poems, 3-5 short-form poems, or one piece of visual art
• Volunteers are required to send in a draft of their piece to Children’s & Teen Services staff for feedback before sending in their final product at the end of the month to keep their position
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be 12-18 years old
• An interest and strong ability in creative writing or visual art
• Must live, work, or go to school in the Region of Waterloo
(1) Complete and submit an application; (2) receive confirmation; (3) receive notification of next steps.
• If the prospective candidates have a successful initial application, they must submit a portfolio of one piece of creative writing or one piece of visual art via e-mail that displays their strength in their preferred medium (creative writing or visual art)